Top Ad unit 728 × 90

recent

Living The Life.....

Abruptly, my best friend asked me what I was doing at the moment, and it jerked me out of my concentration. We were actually walking home from college, and I said I was doing nothing at all, but thinking about the board exam which was near at hand. He wanted a different answer, more logical and more spiritual. Whereupon, I asked him the same question, and he said he was walking at the moment and nothing else, concentrating on his walk. I was astonished at his seemingly foolish answer, and yet I realized my own weakness. In fact, I was thinking about the future plight which was of no avail, and I was turning despondent thinking about it in advance, which is merely a foolish act. In this way, I realized that I was living the present unconsciously, thinking only about the future and the past. Indeed, we live in the present moment, but our mind wanders about in the past or the future. We think about our dark past and become sad; we regret.

Hence, I think living the present moment unconsciously is the chief reason for our misery.
I ask myself few questions: have I ever walked consciously? Or, have I ever eaten consciously? To this date, I have never walked or eaten consciously, my mind always wandered. I am always thinking about something else, mostly about my either dark past or uncertain future or other useless matters. And, by this way I realized, I prolonged my tensions, troubles and plights unnecessarily thinking about it in an absolutely wrong time. In reality, I shouldn't have concentrated only on what I'm doing right at the moment. For example ­ if I'm walking, my mind should only concentrate on my walking steps, nothing else, and if I am eating, my mind should only concentrate on it, nothing else. Likewise, if we do everything consciously and seriously without thinking of anything else particularly of the past and future, our lives will turn into sheer joy. After all, it is unnecessary thoughts that disturb our otherwise calm mind. It is a kind of meditation which helps to drop the unnecessary thoughts off the mind. The next time, perhaps, while we will be walking together back home from college, when he asks me what I am doing at the moment, I will say I'm walking, unlike my former answer. I'm waiting for his question and practicing to forget my dark past and uncertain future, and living the present moment with full concentration. What is the point in regretting about your past deeds even after realizing it, and what is the point in fearing about the future uncertainties when you know you can do nothing?
Hence, just living the moment consciously is the wisest idea!
Living The Life..... Reviewed by Little Words That Count on 9:34:00 AM Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. One thing I often admire your blog is the display. It looks very dense and tidy. You have made me 'jealous' hahaha... Very simple display but 'eye-friendly'.

    ReplyDelete

All Rights Reserved by Little Words That Count © 2010 - 2016
Designed by SoSothemes

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.